Our mission is summarized in Romans 15:7:
Welcome Others Like Christ Welcomes You for the Glory of God.
Our Welcome Team strives to coordinate positive & welcoming experiences at Shepherd of The Hills so all who enter these doors can then be open and receptive to the Spirit of Christ.
Highlights of our Team’s projects, goals, & accomplishments include:
- Coordinating or assisting with various welcoming events throughout the year including:
- Nametag Sundays which promote meeting others, generally the first Sunday of every month
- New Member events such as classes, dinners, & installation Sunday activities
- Various other events as needed as other SOTH groups need assistance with them
- Welcoming-related articles in monthly SOTH newsletter which inspire everyone to be welcoming!
- Mailings of visitor Thank You cards and Birthday Cards for older SOTH members
- Bread delivery to new visitors
- Advertising in appropriate online community publications.
- Suggestions to improve the SOTH website, Facebook page, etc. and Facebook “blasts” advertising to promote Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas services and other special events like Vacation Bible School, etc..
- Overseeing 8:30 am & 10:30 am Greeting Teams ministries
- Welcome Center Coordination & updating certain materials available on it (i.e., Devotionals for first-time guests)
- Sunday treats ministry which sponsoring groups including Food & Fellowship, Renew, B.I.B.L.E., Operation Christmas Child, Ruth Circle, Sheepshead, Acts 2 Circle, & Christmas Cookies bakers
- Upgraded snacks for New Member Sundays & other special events
- Visitor Welcome Bags coordination
- Various other small actions, activities, or improvements that may seem quite small but do add up to a more positive worship experience for ALL!
Our Team strives to be a welcoming presence to guests, visitors, and members alike and steers folks in the right direction to answer questions, connect them to an activity, and simply let them know we are glad they chose to worship with us at Shepherd of the Hills!
We are always seeking new friendly faces to join our Team! Please prayerfully consider this and contact Dan Berg email@example.com if you would be interested in serving the Lord and our church in this welcoming way.