Welcome to Sunday School_What to Expect: https://youtu.be/HZZqh2Rqo5Y
A new school year is fast approaching. Sunday School will be offered in two ways…
- In-person with social distancing and face masks for ages 5 and up AND
- With video lessons and material emailed to parents for at-home use.
Please complete our Online Sunday School Registration Form for your child(ren) and indicate if your child(ren) will attend Sunday School in-person or at home with video lessons.
Rally Day (the first day of Sunday School) is September 13th. Sunday school will start at 9:30 am and run until 10:20 am.
- Sunday School Classroom Teachers and Helpers
- Classroom rules and consequences
- Curriculum Plan
- OCC Rally Day Handout
Worship services on Rally Day, September 13 will be as follows:
- 8:30 am – indoors with masks, socially distanced, with singing and communion
- 10:30 am – outdoors, bring your own lawn chairs, socially distanced with singing and communion
Our four classes will meet in the following locations:
- Preschool (ages 3 – 5) – Cana room
- K/1st grade – Capernaum room
- 2nd/3rd grade – Jerusalem room
- 4th/5th grade – Nazareth room
Throughout the School year we will focus on these four key areas:
- Creating a Small Group Feel
- Emphasis on Community
- Building Relationships
- Growing in Our Faith and Serving Others
Students will bring a zip-lock bag with their name on it with their own school supplies…pencils, crayons, markers or colored pencils and a few glue sticks that will remain in the classroom for them to use each time they are at class. This will reduce student contact of shared items in the class.
Parents or other designated adults need to personally walk their child(ren) to their Sunday school classroom and sign the check-in sheet. They also need to personally pick up their child in their classroom at the end of class and initial the check-in sheet as you leave. We want to ensure the safety of each child. Parents of 4th or 5th-grade students will have the option to sign a release statement on the Sunday school registration form that will allow their child to leave their classroom to meet them at another location within the church without the parent having to sign the child out of the classroom.