Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Event
At our Packing Event on November 10th, 180 volunteers packed 1,134 shoeboxes.
SOTH was designated as the OCC central drop off site for Washington and Ozaukee Counties. An additional 13,863 shoeboxes were collected during the week of November 12-19 for a total of 14,983 shoeboxes!
Shoeboxes from the midwest were delivered to the countries of Belize, Botswana, Jamaica, Chile, Guyana, South Africa, Swaziland, Suriname, Lesotho, Uruguay, Mongolia, Gabon, Niger, and hard to reach areas.
We focus our shoebox gift collection efforts by featuring a few different items each month throughout the year. Donations can be placed in our box by the Food Pantry Shelves.
Monthly Shoebox Gift Donations
- January - Recycled Christmas card fronts
- February - Small stuffed animals
- March - Toothbrush and dental floss
- April - Small toy cars
- May - Small toys and jump ropes
- June - Caps, headbands, combs, hair accessories
- July - School supplies (pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens, crayons, colored pencils, markers)
- August - School supplies (pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens, crayons, colored pencils, markers)
- September - Wash cloths and bar soap
- October - Toy balls and tennis balls
- November - shipping donations
- December - small toys
"It's good for me to do things out of my comfort zone. Helping at the Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Event has been a great way to meet and get to know my church family better. We are all working together for a wonderful cause. It makes me realize how blessed I am and as God's blessings on each of these children."
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan's Purse.