Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Event
How are we handling social distancing during the packing event?
Watch this video to learn more about what to expect the day of the event:
What we’re doing to ensure the safety and comfort through Covid-19:
- Limit the number of people in one area.
- 8-10 per classroom and no more than 20 in the fellowship hall where the counting and quality control of the boxes will be
- Utilize the air purifiers that are in each classroom
- There will be no lunch provided as there has been in the past
Changes to the setup and flow of the packing event. We will have mini assembly lines in each of the classrooms for a certain age and gender. LINK TO NEW LAYOUT
We are asking for a nine dollar donation from those that sign up for the event to help cover the shipping costs of the shoeboxes
Samaritan’s Purse is the parent organization of Operation Christmas Child. It was founded by Franklin Graham. Operation Christmas Child is a ministry where shoebox gifts are packaged up for children in need living in third-world countries and collected during the week of Thanksgiving. Basic items like toothbrushes, soap, washcloths, school supplies, small toys, small books, or small stuffed animals are the gifts that are packed and then sent to children in third-world countries around the world. God’s Word will also be shared with them. Often, this is the first time these children hear about God’s love and the story of Jesus. You can learn more about Operation Christmas Child on their website at www.samaritanspurse.org/occ.
We focus our shoebox gift collection efforts by featuring a few different items each month throughout the year. Donations can be placed in our box by the Food Pantry Shelves.
Monthly Shoebox Gift Donations
- January - Recycled Christmas card fronts
- February - Small stuffed animals
- March - Toothbrush and dental floss
- April - Small toy cars
- May - Small toys and jump ropes
- June - Caps, headbands, combs, hair accessories
- July - School supplies (pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens, crayons, colored pencils, markers)
- August - School supplies (pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens, crayons, colored pencils, markers)
- September - Wash cloths and bar soap
- October - Toy balls and tennis balls
- November - shipping donations
- December - small toys
"It's good for me to do things out of my comfort zone. Helping at the Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Event has been a great way to meet and get to know my church family better. We are all working together for a wonderful cause. It makes me realize how blessed I am and as God's blessings on each of these children."