XPerience is not your traditional confirmation ministry. In XPerience, students experience Jesus Christ in their lives in fresh and memorable ways. Students make friendships and having fun while learning to serve, and getting a foundation of Bible teaching that will support them in the middle school years. Parent CUEs give moms and dads the resources to strengthen their relationships with their middle school kids and grow in faith together.
Middle School Xperience (Confirmation)
All sessions are Sunday’s from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
10 Required Worship Service/Worksheets to be completed one per month during the school year.
2017 Confirmation/XPerience Classes
6th graders will be required to attend Ash Wednesday, 7th and 8th graders will be required to attend either Maundy Thursday or Good Friday and complete a Worship Worksheet.
- Oct. 29 No Class – Confirmation Worship Service (9th graders) @ 12:30pm
- Nov. 5 6:30 pm – Through the Darkness 1
- Nov. 11 Saturday – OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD Shoebox Packing Event Service Opportunity 11:00 am – 3:00 pm at SOTH
- Nov. 12 6:30 pm – Through the Darkness 2
- Nov. 19 6:30 pm – Through the Darkness 3
- Nov. 22 Wednesday 6:30 pm – Thanksgiving Eve Pie Social: Service Opportunity
- Nov. 26 No Class
Thanksgiving Weekend & December Weekends SALVATION ARMY BELL RINGING: Service Opportunity ~ sign-up sheets in narthex
- Dec. 3 6:30 pm – Christmas lesson & celebration
- Dec. 10 Children’s Christmas Program 3:00 pm
- Dec. 16 THE GATHERING: Service Opportunity – meet at church at 9:00 am, on site 9:45 am – 1:30 pm sign-up sheets on table in the narthex
Other Fall Service Opportunities to be announced.
Kid’s Night Out – from 6 – 9 pm. Four to eight youth volunteers (middle school or high school youth) are needed. Volunteer sign-up sheets are posted on the Children’s Ministry Kiosk near the church kitchen
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
Serving as an Acolyte or Crucifer
All 6th-grade confirmation students will serve as acolytes and crucifers during the school year. The acolyte lights the altar candles at the start of the worship service and the crucifer carries the processional cross into the sanctuary at the start of the worship service. Interested 7th and 8th-grade students may also serve as acolytes and crucifers. A schedule of serving dates for worship services is made out each semester.
Acolyte and Crucifer Instructions
Link for Acolyte and Crucifer Instructions
Acolyte and Crucifer Training Video
Link for Acolyte and Crucifer Training Video
Youth Cookie Makers Needed!
High School and confirmation youth watch the kiosk outside the youth room for cookie sale sign-ups. The sales will be run from September to June. Money raised from the sales will go into your youth account and can be used for church trips like the winter retreat, summer camps and the mission trip.
- November 19
- January 14
- February 18
- March 18
- April 15
- May 6