Our mission is summarized in Romans 15:7:
Welcome Others Like Christ Welcomes You for the Glory of God.
The main focus of the Welcome Team is to consider how all aspects of contact at Shepherd of The Hills can be a positive welcoming experience where people can then be open and receptive to the Spirit of Christ.
Highlights of our Team’s projects, goals, & accomplishments include:
- Coordinating or assisting with various welcoming events throughout the year including:
- Nametag Sundays which promote meeting others, generally the first Sunday of every month
- New Member events such as classes, dinners, & installation Sunday activities
- Various other events as needed as other SOTH groups need assistance with them
- Welcoming-related articles in monthly SOTH newsletter which inspire everyone to be welcoming!
- Mailings of visitor Thank You cards and Birthday Cards for SOTH members over the age of 60 — –
- Bread delivery to new visitors
- Advertising in appropriate online community publications.
- Suggestions to improve SOTH website, Facebook page, etc. and Facebook “blasts” advertising to promote Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas services.
- Overseeing 8:30 am & 10:30 am Greeting Teams ministries
- Welcome Center Coordination
- Sunday treats ministry which sponsoring groups including Food & Fellowship, Renew, B.I.B.L.E., Operation Christmas Child, Ruth Circle, Sheepshead, & Christmas Cookies bakers
- Upgraded snacks for New Member Sundays & other special events
- Visitor Welcome Bags updating and handing out
- Various other small actions, activities, or improvements that may seem quite small but do add up to a more positive worship experience for ALL!
Our Team strives to be a welcoming presence to guests, visitors, and members, and strives to steer folks in the right direction to answer questions, connect them to an activity, and simply let them know we are glad they chose to worship with us at Shepherd of the Hills!
We are always seeking new friendly faces to join our Team! Please prayerfully consider this and contact Deb Ratzel firstname.lastname@example.org or the church office email@example.com if you would be interested in serving the Lord and our church in this welcoming way.